Sutton Coldfield 1886 Coloured Edition - Warwickshire Sheet 4.15a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
SUTTON COLDFIELD 1886 - WARWICKSHIRE SHEET 4.15a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1886 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover most of Sutton Coldfield, a few miles north of Birmingham but distinctly a town in its own right. Coverage stretches from Park House and Clifton Road eastward to Reddicap Hill and Boot Hill, and from Upper Holland Road northward to Barker Road. The town centre is shown in detail, with individual buildings neatly shown, and features include Holy Trinity church, Town Hall, King Edward's Square, Tudor Laundry, Cottage Hospital, cemetery, Royal Hotel, Holy Trinity RC church, LNWR railway with station, Midland Railway with Sutton Town and Sutton Park stations, Crystal Palace, site of Manor, Tudor Hill, Grammar School, etc. We include directory extracts on the reverse.
The map links up with sheet 4.11 Four Oaks to the north and 8.03 Wylde Green to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.