Toxteth 1890 Coloured Edition - Lancashire Sheet 113.02a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
TOXTETH 1890 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 113.02a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS hand coloured map.
The maps cover a busy area of south Liverpool, largely comprising the western half of Toxteth. Each is double-sided for maximum coverage. Coverage of the main map stretches from the docks eastward to Maud Street and Park Hill Road, and from Parliament Street southward to Beresford Road. The many features include Coburg Dock, Brunswick Dock, Toxteth Dock, part of Harrington Dock, Overhead Railway with several stations, Brunswick Goods station, South Docks Goods station, Brunswick Docks goods station, engine sheds and many sidings etc, tramways, countless streets of terraced houses, City Hospital, section of Cheshire Lines Railway, public baths, South End Mills, schools and chapels, Royal Southern Hospital, Mersey Brewery and bottling stores, etc. On the reverse we include adjacent sheet 113.06, extending coverage southward to include Herculaneum Dock, Park Hill Hospital, Petroleum Stores and Dingle Bank.
This map links up with sheet 106.14 Central Liverpool to the north, 113.03 Liverpool Princes Pk to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.