West Bromwich 1913 - Staffordshire Sheet 68.10c
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
WEST BROMWICH 1913 - STAFFORDSHIRE SHEET 68.10c
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published four versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1886 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured maps.
The maps cover most of the town of West Bromwich. Coverage stretches from Bond Street and St John's church northward to West Bromwich Workhouse, and from Claypit Lane eastward to Dartmouth Park.
Features on the 1886 version include town centre with individual buildings neatly delineated, Christ Church, St Andrew's church, Scale & Spring Balance Works, Town Hall, GWR railway with West Bromwich and Swan Village stations, part of Dartmouth Park, tramway, Guns Village area, Ireland Green Colliery; several disused collieries including Cordley, Cutlers End, Whyley, Tantany and Cronehills Collieries; Albion Bluebrick Works, Victoria Bluebrick Works, Albion football ground, Lyndon, Workhouse, etc.
The map links up with sheets 68.06 West Bromwich North to the north, 68.09 Greets Green to the west, 68.11 Sandwell Hall to the west, 68.14 Oldbury to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.