West Hartlepool 1914 - Durham Sheet 37.11c

West Hartlepool 1914 - Durham Sheet 37.11c

  • £3.50
    Unit price per 
  • Save £0.25
Tax included.


STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS

WEST HARTLEPOOL 1914 - DURHAM SHEET 37.11c

These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.

Three versions of this map are available, showing how the area developed across the years. They cover West Hartlepool - the new town created by Ward Jackson in the mid 19th century as a major shipbuilding and coal shipping port. The town developed from the old hamlet of New Stranton. Coverage stretches from Bengal Street eastward to the coast and from Middleton and Central Dock southward to Musgrave Street.

The 1914 version is even more built up and includes St Oswald's church, Victoria football ground, Union Dock, tramways. Extracts from a contemporary street directory, including Jackson Street, Middleton Road, Stockton Street, Tower Street, Victoria Road are included.
The map links up with Sheet 37.07 Hartlepool to the north and Stranton to the south.

 It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.