Whitton 1894 - London Sheet 109a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
WHITTON 1894 - LONDON SHEET 109a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The detailed map is centred on the village of Whitton, including St Philip & St James church, Kneller Hall (Royal Military School of Music), Manor House, Whitton Dean Farm. To the west is Whitton Park, while in the NW of the map is part of Hounslow, including St Stephen's church, Hounslow & Whitton station, Lancers Road and Maswell Park. The map extends eastward to the River Crane and Oak Lane, with Marsh Farm in the SE corner, including several tramways for produce and fertiliser.
Each map includes extracts from an early directory together with a specially written introduction.
The map links up with Middlesex Sheet 20.07 Hounslow to the north, 20.10 Hounslow Heath to the west, and London Sheets 110 Richmond to the east and 121 West Twickenham to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.