Wigan North 1907 - Lancashire Sheet 93.04
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
WIGAN NORTH 1907 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 93.04
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This highly detailed map covers the northern part of Wigan, with coverage stretching from Swinley Lane eastward to New Springs, and from Whelley station northward to Leyland Mill Brow. Features include Lindsay Pit, Alexandra Pit, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, railway (Lancashire Union Line), Dairy Pit, Bridge Pit, Haigh Saw Mill, Wigan Sanatorium, New Springs, Bottling Wood, Whelley station (disused), Haigh Lower Plantations, Mariebonne, Swinley, Infirmary, Whitley Reservoir, Haigh Foundries, tramways, several old shafts etc. Directories of Aspull and Haigh are included on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 85.16 Haigh Hall to the north, 93.03 Wigan NW to the west, 93.08 Wigan to the south, 94.01 Aspull S to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.