Withington 1916 - Lancashire Sheet 111.07b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
WITHINGTON 1916 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 111.07b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1892 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition handcoloured map.
The maps (which cover the same area, despite the slightly different titles), show much of Withington on the western side of the map; coverage then extends eastward to Burnage and Burnage Lane. Features on the 1916 map include the LNWR Wilmslow & Levenshulme line with Mauldeth Road station, Ladybarn, St Margaret's church Burnage, Palatine Road with tramways, St Paul's church, Yewtree Farm, Withington House, Withington Hall, etc. Each map includes a selection of street directory entries.
The map links up with sheets 111.03 Fallowfield to the north, 111.06 Barlow Moor to the west and 111.08 Heaton Chapel to the east and 111.11 Didsbury Heaton Mersey to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.