Wordsley 1901 - Staffordshire Sheet 71.05
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
WORDSLEY 1901 - STAFFORDSHIRE SHEET 71.05
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers much of Wordsley, at the edge of the Black Country. Coverage extends from Holy Trinity church westward to Lawns Wood and the Kidderminster-Wolverhampton road
The map is a semi-rural one and the main features are at Wordsley, where they include Holy Trinity church, Wordsley House, Wordsley Flint Glass Works, Woodfield House, disused glass works, rectory, The Green, Bellevue area, Old Tack Farm. A section of the Stourbridge Canal is shown, including The Junction, and disused Dial Iron Works and Audnam Foundry.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheets 71.01 Kingswinford to the north, 71.06 Brierley Hill West to the east and Worcestershire sheet 4.10 Stourbridge North to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.